Sunday, December 7, 2008

Self Portrait

A self portrait I took for an ID for the ceramics class I'll complete this week. It's been a semester of revelations. I need to create in order to live. To keep from going mental I'll be taking two more art classes next semester. I'll also be careful to keep working during the break. Even if I'm just making hemp bracelets with my daughter, sketching, or writing, I need to keep it up. Self expression is a bit of a misnomer. Creativity is really self realization. Before this class I thought I needed to be left alone to create and I just needed a place to fire my ceramic work. I quickly found that I could learn a lot if I wanted to. And so I did. I learned more than just the technical. Before this class I felt I had little to do or say. Now, I don't know how I'll achieve all of my creative goals in one lifetime. Healing, hope, and self esteem in just a few short months. Thanks to Tashima Sensei. Thanks to my friends. Thanks to my partner, my co-creator, my wife.

No comments: