Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rejection, And Other Poems

     Today my application to the MA program for Creative Writing in Poetry at Northern Arizona University was rejected. A bit despondent to say the least, I am resolved to publish my poems here instead of exposing them to academic scrutiny. Like them or not, here they come.

Having killed my gods

My mind is stunned
to see I am alone
walking sleepless
desolate

I'd hitch a thousand miles
to find one who feels this
a companion in the great erosion
of the past into the future

a fine and beautiful lot
the friendships I've bought and sold
left for dead or killed outright
to appease my cowardice

how befitting this loneliness
a worry to none but me
silently sulking
unattended

melancholic
neurotic
impotent
defeated

2 comments:

del said...

Sorry to hear about your application being rejected, Eugene.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Their loss is our gain, I guess.

Eugene Brosseau said...

Thanks for the kind words, Del. Enjoy the holiday break!