Sunday, January 20, 2013

Visual Journal

     This semester I am student teaching at Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy in Flagstaff, AZ. My host teacher, Janeece Henes, has fostered in her students the practice of keeping a visual journal. The basis of this practice can be found on this website: http://www.journalfodderjunkies.com/

     I have enjoyed seeing what students do with this format and, as with any assignment this semester, I have adopted the practice myself. As a result I now carry a book-bag full of art supplies to support the habit. Whenever I have time to fill I pull out my journal and start a new page or add a layer to an existing one. Here are a few images from my visual journal. Many pages are in progress and may not be finished for a long time as this format allows for a slow development of imagery.









No comments: