Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tiny Purple Fishes

     I remember doing a record cover project in high school. We were allowed to copy a band's artwork or create our own. I think I created my own but can't remember 23 years later what it looked like. I'm sure I'll create a lesson plan around this idea at some point. It requires so much more in the way of creativity than just the skill to create it. The personality of the student artist and their interests and influences are engaged as well.



     The album cover artwork for Cream's "Disraeli Gears" has to be my favorite right now. And while we're on the subject, "Tales of Brave Ulysses", side two, track one, has got to be one of the best examples of poetry set to music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like this style, check out Wheels Of Fire, another Cream cover.

Eugene Brosseau said...

I love the Wheels of Fire cover too. But you just can't beat the day-glow front and collage back of Disraeli Gears. Both make me want to make cover art.